Wednesday, April 10, 2013

We Are At Sea!

It is 5:30 PM and we are at sea, sailing south towards Ensenada.  The weather is perfect, around 75 degrees, and full sunshine.  We had our Muster for Lifeboat station drill and unpacked our bags.  Let me say right away, I like our balcony room.  The balcony is the smallest, and we are up fairly high on the Baja deck, but we are able to sit out in chairs, and have the slider open.  And, the room seems so much bigger than the inside room we had on the Crown Princess.  We are probably going to have a balcony again since I think this is the way to go from now on.  We moved around and unpacked and Jim even noticed we have more room. We have a small easy chair and a desk chair, so I am happy.  That gives me some place to knit and read and watch the TV other than the bed.  Also, this boat is much smaller than the Crown, and I like that.  We loved the really small Prinsendam with HAL; this boat isn't that small but it is smaller and easier to get around.  We went down to lunch after we got on board and I was thinking we would have to walk way aft, but we soon arrived at the Lido Buffet, and much quicker than other bigger ships.  I really like small boats.
We also took a tour of the spa, Janet's favorite place.  She has already gone to have her nail polish changed!!  We have been on the boat for 3 hours, and her plans are set.  We did discover a stretch class for the morning, and I will try it out, but not if it is too rigorous and if it hurts.  Besides, it starts at 7AM, and I may not want to do it every morning.  Janet is seeing this as an opportunity to spa  ( massage, body scrubs, etc.) exercise and have somebody cook for her.  I am looking forward to resting some and trying to stay fit, but not exhausted. So I think her spa bill will be bigger than mine, but I will probably buy more in the gift shop.  The jewelry is calling me.  I was happy to see the pool and hot tub in the spa area which is for adults only.  Also, I may partake of the acupuncture lady since I am sure I could use something to help my knees.  I have never done acupuncture, so here is the opportunity.

There is a piano playing in the atrium, Jim is taking a nap, and I guess we'll go to dinner around 6, so off we go for another wonderful cruise.  I'm already thinking about the next one and we just started this one.  Poor Jim!  More later from Virginia on board the Golden Princess on route to Hawaii.  Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment